Friday 19 April 2013

To Jump Or Not To Jump



Join me in the Five Minute Friday Challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Participants write for 5 minutes with no editing, no over thinking, and no backtracking. This week’s word is: Jump.


(Go)

To jump or not to jump? Whether ‘tis nobler to dress and get ready for the day at my own pace - or to race around like a maniac arriving late and puffing, but there. To be present for a child, despite his only informing me the night before of the presentation at school. A one off opportunity. To find out, upon inquiry, that it has already begun… Jump.

To jump or not to jump? Whether ‘tis nobler to stay in bed and let my achingly tired body rest – or to push myself beyond present limits in order to take a child to playgroup. To arrive late and dizzy, but there. Or to carry on as if it were like every other day, keeping quiet and not using the ‘P’ word unless the child should mention it first. To explain that Mummy’s body doesn’t always work properly. There will be playgroup again next week… Not to jump.

(Stop)

Now, your turn…

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart. I pray God gives you grace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He always does! Thank you. Bless you heaps :o)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. Big blessings to you :o)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes we just have to say no to things we wish we could do. I liked the Shakespearean touch ;). My lament should be to sleep or not to sleep, that is the question. HA! Will pray that you get to feeling better soon. Sorry you are having a tired, achy week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies to Shakespeare! I did kind of bring it on myself though, but thanks. Bless you heaps :o)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...