Friday 30 November 2012

Soul Wonder


Join me in the Five Minute Friday Challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Participants write for 5 minutes with no editing, no over thinking, and no backtracking. This week’s word is: Wonder.


(Go)

The humid early evening air clung to my sticky skin. I had just reminded the oldest boy for the umpteenth time to stay on track with his jobs that should have been finished an hour ago. The youngest had been sent to his room to play – in the hope of there being one less distraction for his brother.

I just needed to escape. To sit and focus on breathing. Sometimes my chest aches with the need. This was one such time. My mind was as messy as the room around me. Barely holding it together emotionally. I reached for the laptop. To see how other’s lives were. To take a brief holiday from my own. Desire for distraction went deep.

And then I saw it. In all its glory. The moon peeking in at me. It was stunning. Hiding behind a thin veil of clouds. Big and round and still. I went outside to get a better view.

In the midst of the mayhem I stood in wonder. Soaking in the quiet beauty.

'He restores my soul...' Psalm 23:3a

Unfortunately the photo doesn't do the reality justice.
For better effect - cover the streetlight with your finger


(Stop)

Now, your turn…

4 comments:

  1. I love gazing at the moon. Something about it is so serene and peaceful. Thankful God gave you that moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think God gave us the moon and stars so we would be still for a moment and just soak His glory in. Blessings :o)

      Delete
  2. So pretty. Love moments like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a moment to treasure. A gift of love from God. And it was just as stunning the next night too.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...