Friday 16 November 2012

Flimsy Boundaries


Join me in the Five Minute Friday Challenge hosted by Lisa-Jo Baker. Participants write for 5 minutes with no editing, no over thinking, and no backtracking. This week’s word is: Stay.


(Go)

3pm. Time to walk to school to collect my eldest son. His soft little hand in mine my younger boy and I head out the front gate and up the street.

Greeting us at the house next door is a sweet but grubby faced toddler. She is alone. I can hear her parents yelling at the older brother in the house. I wonder if they realise she has wandered out of the open door.

She smiles at us and we say ‘hello’. She pushes against the rusty metal. The flimsy gates do little to retain her. They don’t really close properly and she could easily escape.

I’m really worried. Two houses up is a main road. What if she tries to follow me? I close the gate again and latch it as best it will – which is barely at all. Glancing at the gaping space where the front door should be I pray that the people belonging to the loud angry voices realise she is there. I tell her to stay. To go find Mummy.

Looking back as I reach the corner, I am relieved to see that she has remained where it’s safe.

(Stop)

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure,
    enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
    and all of them are righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
    than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
    than honey from the honeycomb.
11 By them your servant is warned;
    in keeping them there is great reward. (NIV)


Now. your turn…

3 comments:

  1. What a scary situation - this from a former escapee who once crossed a 4 lane highway at the age of 3 to go visit my aunt. So gald that you were able to be there to offer guidance and aome extra protection. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, praise God for protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I hate when that kind of thing happens. Glad you looked out for her :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - I love to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...